Research requests can be submitted by:
Mail: PO BOX 333, Waeverville, CA 96093
Facebook: Jake Jackson Museum or Trinity County Historical Society
The History Center is a separate section of the
Jake Jackson Museum. It houses extensive files of documents, photographs,
maps and books. All are indexed for easy access and the documents
are available for research; most can be copied for personal use.
Photographs- Among its treasures, the History
Center houses a photos file of more than four thousand pictures,
which offer a pictorial view of Trinity County from the early 1800s
to the present. These photos give us a glimpse into the lives of
our early settlers: their activities, their homes and schools, and
the growth and development of our county. We have a collection of
portraits of many Trinity County pioneers and their families. Additionally,
we have some slides and motion pictures.
Maps-Our map collection includes some early
county maps as well as maps of individual communities and some specific
properties. There are plat maps that identify the location of many
of the early mines and extensive drawings of the machinery and ditch
system of the famous La Grange Mine. U.S. Forest Service and U.S.
Geological Survey maps are also in the collection.
Documents & Records- Many of the Trinity
County's official county records from approximately 1850-1950 are
on file and indexed. Included are civil and criminal court records,
some probate records, delinquent tax records, census and military
rolls. Miscellaneous documents covering all facets of Trinity County's
history are indexed and easily accessible.